System hangs during warm reboot at Critical Memory Initialization Error for PowerEdge T130, R230, R330 and T330 serversPowerEdge T130, R230, R330 and T330 servers may report a Critical Error during scheduled warm reboots (Figure 1[English-only]):
Critical: Memory Error - An error was detected during memory initialization.
Figure 1: The Critical Memory Error message
The Hardware System Event Logs in the iDRAC/BMC Controller will log an error (Figure 2 [English-only]):
Memory is detected, but is not configurable.
Figure 2: The System Event Log
The LifeCycle Controller Log will record an error (Figure 3 [English-only]):
PST0129 - Memory is detected, but is not configurable.
Figure 3: The LifeCycle Controller log
Chassis with an LCD Display will scroll an error (Figure 4 [English-only])::
PST0129 Memory is detected, but is not configurable. Check memory devices.
Figure 4: LCD display errorBIOS 1.4.5 introduced new Intel Memory Reference Code (MRC) that contains a critical memory initialization fix. Please update to BIOS release 1.4.5 or newer to resolve this issue.
BIOS 2.0.8 that will introduce an additional changes to the System Event Log (SEL) messaging to aid in isolation for any systems that continue to encounter "Memory Detected, but Not Configurable" messages. BIOS 2.0.8 will introduce robust System Event Log (SEL) messaging to help isolate failure point:
- "No memory is detected" - logged event when no memory is detected
- "Memory is detected, but is not configurable" - logged event for memory initialization error.
- "BIOS POST memory test failed" - logged event for memory test error
- "Incorrect memory configuration" - logged event for unsupported DIMM, Non-ECC DIMM and mixed DIMM
How to download the latest BIOS:
Dell Server PowerEdge R330/R230/T330/T130 BIOS or latest available
Fixes & Enhancements
- -System may stop responding at "Loading BIOS Drivers" bar after the system is turned on.
- Updated the Intel processor and Memory Reference Codes to production version 220.127.116.11 (or newer)
- Updated the microcode of the following Intel processors to version 0x48 (or newer):
- Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v6 Product Family
- Intel Core Processor i3-7000 Product Family
- Intel Pentium Processor G4600 Product Family
- Intel Celeron Processor G3930 Product Family
- Updated the microcode of the following Intel processors to version 0xA0:
- Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v5 Product Family
- Intel Core Processor i3-6000 Product Family
- Intel Pentium Processor G4400 or G4500 Product Family
- Intel Celeron Processor G3900 Product Family
- Updated the Intel Server Platform Services (SPS) and Manageability Engine (ME) firmware to production release SPS_E3_04.01.03.21 (or newer).
- Added support for the system running with 2400MHz Dual Inline Memory Modules (DIMMs).
- Added support for displaying video from the external graphic card.
- Enhanced reliability support for the system memory test.
|Need more help?|
|Find additional PowerEdge and PowerVault articles|
|Visit and ask for support in our Communities|
|Create an online support Request|
Article ID: SLN303868
Last Date Modified: 04/19/2018 09:51 AM