Description: Batch Imports are used to automatically import files from a central location stored locally or on a server. This is the typical solution for importing documents directly from a multi-function printer.
!!! If batch imports are NOT working, refer to the link below !!!
1. Create a new folder in the location you want the files to be stored temporarily. (C:\Docstar Imports in this example)
(IMPORTANT: If your batch import is set up on a network drive, your path will not be W:\Imports you need to make sure it is set up like this: \\DriveName\Path [\\Test-Drive\Data\Imports]
2. Open the Eclipse/Docstar Client Service in the systray or via the start menu.
3. Open the Batch Import tab (making sure you are logged in on the Configure Service tab first). Name your new import where it says --New--.
4. Select Browse and navigate to the folder you created.
5. Select Delete files on completion and choose which Content Type to assign these imports.
6. Under the Schedule section, choose Scheduled and repeat every 1 minute.
7. Put a document into the folder you created and select Test Import. If the window detects the document you placed in it, you're all set. There are certain circumstances where you will need to setup the Eclipse Automation Service with credentials of a domain administrator in order to run as a scheduled task. When this is the case, the "Run Now" option works properly but the "Scheduled" option does not.
Further instructions from the manufacturer if you need more assistance:
If you'd like to get your documents into DocStar without using a desktop scanner or using browser import, consider using Batch Import from within the Client Service application. This is also a great way to bring your documents in if you're using a multi-function printer and a network drive!
Open the Client Service application by clicking on the icon in your systray. It resembles a globe. If you don't have it installed, you can install it from your User Preferences in DocStar under the Environment settings.
First, make sure that the user you'd like to designate to upload the files is logged in in the Configure Service tab, then open the Batch Import tab.
Under Batch Settings, click -- New -- and type in a name for your settings.
Under Import Type, select Directory.
Choose the path by clicking the Browse button and telling the Client Service where to find the relevant documents.
Specify the Content Type and choose any other settings you wish, such as specifying the Inbox, Folder, and/or Folder security class.
You can choose pre-processing options if you'd like, such as removing or splitting on blank pages or barcodes, just like if you were scanning, by checking the Pre-Process Documents checkbox.
Once all of your settings are configured, you can choose the Schedule options.
- If you'd like to be in control of when imports are run, leave the "Run Now" button selected and click it whenever you'd like your items to be imported.
- If you'd prefer a more automated approach, click the "Scheduled" button and configure when you'd like import jobs to be run. You can have it repeat daily or as often as every fifteen seconds.
- If you choose the Scheduled option, return to the Configure Service tab and check the Run Scheduled Tasks box, then return to the Batch Import tab.
Click Save. Your batch import settings are now preserved, and will upload documents to DocStar as you've chosen.
Common Challenges / Troubleshooting:
- Should you notice that Batch Import is no longer running, check the Configure Service tab to ensure that you're logged in and that the Run Scheduled Tasks box is checked.
- If the Automation Service has stopped, that could prevent Scheduled Tasks from running.
- Finally, if your computer name has changed or you've moved to another computer, you can uncheck the Show Local Settings Only box in the Batch Import tab to find your settings from your other machine.