Description: This error appears when attempting to scan or select a scanner inside the Eclipse UI or capture tab inside the client.
Software Version: All Eclipse versions. Notably with Canon scanners.
Solution: There are several fixes for this error.
1. First close the client and open it again to see if this clears your error first!
2. Attempt a full pixtran reinstall of scanner drivers. Renamed pixtran folder, delete loose files, uninstall scanner. Restart computer and reinstall client and drivers.
3. Disable the EMC Captiva Cloud Service. Canon has known issues with this service that installs as part of the driver package.
4. Disable the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service. Windows software can conflict with Eclipse and hang up the drivers.
5. If after performing these steps, you are still receiving the same scanner cannot be locked message, follow these steps (make sure the USB cable is disconnected from the scanner and computer first):
- Download the "Restoration Tool for Windows Registry" from the USA.Canon.com website (it is located under the "Utilities Section"). OR download it from the attachments.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to your "C:" drive.
- Double-click on the "DR Scanner" folder.
- Double-click on the "Registry Repair" folder.
- Double-click on "RepairReg.exe" to open the application.
- click the "START" button to run the application.
- Close the aplication once it has completed, and restart your computer.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the scanner and computer.
- Scan the document.