Description: In this particular workflow, the date would get OCR'ed, but often slashes would be converted to 1's. We needed to separate the month, day, and year, so that the 3 and 6 characters always become slashes.
Software Version: Eclipse
The entire date OCR action -
1. Take the input of the OCR'ed date and output the substring of the first two characters to a variable called tmpMonth.
2. Take the input of the OCR'ed date and output the substring of the 4th and 5th characters to a variable called tmpDay.
3. Take the input of the OCR'ed date and output the substring of the last 4 characters to a variable called tmpYear.
4. Do an advanced format task and take the three prior inputs, outputting a '/' in between them. This creates a date in the form of mm/dd/yyyy.
5. The last task is for troubleshooting purposes. CompleteDate is an invisible field of this content type, which when visible will show whether the advanced format in the prior task will output a valid date.