Description: All new Panasonic 1027C/1057C's are of the MKII variety. You can confirm that it's an MKII by either looking at the box the scanner shipped in, or by verifying that there is a NIC port beside the USB port.
**It also shows in the device manager in the 'imaging devices' !
Because the MKII is so new, DocStar hasn't quite made it a plug and play scanner model that integrates with the client application. We'll go through installing the drivers and getting DocStar to integrate.
Software: Applies to all DocStar versions.
1. Install the DocStar/Eclipse client if you haven't already. Make sure you've specified your Eclipse URL and logged into this app. For more info, see: https://piftech.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/33000227262-how-to-install-and-configure-the-docstar-client-service
2. Navigate to the 1027/1057C MKII Panasonic Driver Download at https://panasonic.net/cns/pcc/support/scanner/s1057cmk2/index.html
3. Click the ISIS Driver Package link under the software category.
4. Click the .exe file to download the driver package. You'll have to accept the terms on the next page before the download starts.
5. Run the file that was downloaded. Install the driver package using all default install choices.
6. Restart the computer.
7. Turn on the scanner.
8. Open the DocStar/Eclipse client. Click the 'capture' tab. (see below screenshot)
9. Uncheck the "Show connected only" setting.
10. Click 'Select'
11. Choose Panasonic KV-S1027 MK2 (USB) (or KV-S1057 MK2 USB). Press OK.
Note: Make sure the "show only connected scanners" is unchecked here as well
12. The DocStar "Configure Device" window opens. Select Panasonic KV-S1027 MK2 (USB) as the selected device. Press OK. You might hear the scanner 'wake up'.
13. Go to your Eclipse website. Open your user preferences. Uncheck "show connected only". Press Save.
User preferences location -
capture preferences -
14. Refresh browser page. Select Panasonic S1027C MK2 (USB) from the device list.